Travel news – September 19th 2012 to September 21st 2012:
- Delta Adds Recharging Stations to More Airports – Danielle Contray recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
As more and more carryon space it taken up by tablets, laptops, and smartphones, finding an available outlet at the gate before your flight can be a challenge. After adding extensive power stations at 20 of its busiest hubs in the U.S., Delta is adding now adding new recharging areas in 13 airports.
- In Defense of Tacky Tourist Photos – Kaeli Conforti recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
There are two types of people in the world: those who can walk by a life–like statue of a pirate without taking a goofy picture with it, and those who can't. I decidedly fall in the latter category, whether it's a six–foot tall statue of an Italian pizza–maker with a crazy mustache in New York City's West Village or a life–sized replica statue of Fidel Castro standing in front of a cigar store in Cozumel. In fact, silly tourist photos are one of my favorite parts of the whole trip. And don't get me started on the leaning tower of Pisa.
- Save Money on Off-Broadway Shows Now Thru Sept. 30th – Kaeli Conforti recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
Score two-for-one tickets to a Blue Man Group Show with Off-Broadway Week (Courtesy pixajen/Flickr)
- Airfare Deals: Southwest, Virgin America, American & AirTran – posted this over on Frommer's : Beat high airline prices by scoping out these fare sales from Southwest, Virgin America, American Airlines, AirTran, and Alaska Airlines.
- Magic Kingdom to Serve Alcohol for the First Time – Danielle Contray recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
- Big Chains vs. Mom & Pop Hotels: Which Do You Prefer? – Budget Travel recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
Would you trade the homey décor of a mom & pop hotel for the predictability of a big chain? (Courtesy rileyroxx/Flickr)
- 7 Tips for Facing Bad Fall Weather – Nicholas DeRenzo recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
It’s time to face a sad but true fact: Summer’s over! Hurricane season is in full swing, temperatures are dropping, and we’re desperate for some great bad weather tips. So where better to look than our most trusted tip advisers: our readers!