Travel news – September 14th 2012 to September 18th 2012:
- Travel Troubleshooter: Hey, Where’s the Rest of my Refund? – posted this over on Frommer's : A traveler is forced to miss her brother's wedding after the airline cancels her flight. To make matters worse, why is it taking months for the online travel agency to cough up the refund?
- 7 Fall Travel Deals for the Preschool Crowd – posted this over on Frommer's : For families with pre-kindergartners, autumn is the best time of year to grab a fantastic travel deal.
- Double Your Points with Southwest and AirTran – Danielle Contray recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
Earn double points with Southwest and AirTran this fall (Courtesy Southwest Airlines)
- Western Whitewater Adventures; A Readers Guide for ‘The Grand Tour’; Tapas in Spain – This week on the Travel with Rick Steves Podcast:
Get your thrills on a whitewater river raft, in the pages of a great novel set in an exotic locale, or sampling the fried pigs ears at a tapas bar in Spain
- That’s Ridiculous! When a Confirmation Isn’t Really a Confirmation – posted this over on Frommer's : Do travelers really need to call the online travel agency or check the website to confirm a booking, or should e-mails (or the lack of an e-mail) be enough?
- VIA Rail’s Apparently Endless 50% Off Sale – Smarter Travel has posted some info about class train travel: Once more, VIA Rail Canada has extended its half-off sale for economy-class train travel throughout Canada this fall.
Head over to www.smartertravel.com to read the whole article.
- 6 Snacks That Are Perfect for Air Travel – Laura Michonski recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog: