Travel news – October 8th 2012 to October 15th 2012:
- Travel Troubleshooter: Help, My Canceled Hotel Room is Un-Canceled – posted this over on Frommer's : After discovering the star-rating for the hotel one reader reserved didn't bear out, he called to get a confirmed cancellation from Expedia. Or, did he?
- Italy Faux Pas; Tuscany versus Umbria – This week on the Travel with Rick Steves Podcast:
Helping to melt the age-old rivalries between two popular regions of Italy, locally-based guides help us take a closer look at Tuscany, and its neighbor Umbria. They're both classic destinations for exploring Italy’s scenic medieval hill towns and countryside. And listeners share reports of faux pas and misunderstandings they experienced in Italy, and what they learned from their travels.
- That’s Ridiculous! Is There a Car Rental Toll Conspiracy? – posted this over on Frommer's : A customer pays a toll twice on a highway, once going each way in her rental car over a six day trip. However, the rental company charges her a toll for each day of rental period. How exactly does that happen?
- Airfare Deals: Suncountry, Alaska Air, Frontier & China Airlines – posted this over on Frommer's : Short sales offer cheap seats to Denver, Seattle, Hiroshima, Hong Kong, Manila and more. But hurry! Deadlines pass quickly.
- Brave the Waves: Frommer’s Cruise Deals Round-Up – posted this over on Frommer's : Book now for river cruises, transatlantic cruise deals, post-cruise hotel stays, prepaid gratuities, and itineraries in the Caribbean, Hawaii, South Pacific, and more.
- Frommer’s 5 Deals for October 10, 2012 – posted this over on Frommer's : Drop and flop at an all-inclusive in Cancun; save on a Park City hotel; choose from several small group tours to Burma, Borneo, Nicaragua, and more; plus packages to either Dubai or a three-city combo covering Amsterdam, Brussels, and Paris.
- Travel Troubleshooter: A Runaround for an Airline Ticket Refund – posted this over on Frommer's : When John King's mother dies, he asks American Airlines to refund her ticket. Instead of sending the money, it emails him a series of form letters. What should he do?