Travel news – October 17th 2012 to October 23rd 2012:
- Ship Trips: Frommer’s Cruise Deal Round-Up – posted this over on Frommer's : Book now to lock in these discounted rates for river cruises, transatlantic and transpacific cruise deals, post-cruise hotel stays, prepaid gratuities, and itineraries in the Caribbean, Indian Ocean, South Pacific, and more.
- Frommer’s 5 Deals for October 24, 2012 – posted this over on Frommer's : Golf in South Carolina, bike New Hampshire's White Mountains, revisit Dirty Dancing in Virginia, pack up for an all-inclusive retreat to Puerto Vallarta, or enjoy a three-night package to Disney World.
- Travel Troubleshooter: Is Car Rental Insurance a Scam? – posted this over on Frommer's : After declining the optional insurance on a rental car, the renter is surprised to see an extra $215 for insurance and $53 for "roadside assistance" added to his bill.
- 5 Things You Don’t Know About England and Wales – posted this over on Frommer's : It would be easy to believe that, in the economic doldrums, tourism and entertainment would be stalled, but that's not the case. We just love the fact that attractions are opening, boutique hotels are a growth industry and there's regeneration in frumpy coastal spots.
- Family Vacation in Hungarian Countryside; Open Phones: Family Travel Plans; Basque Country – This week on the Travel with Rick Steves Podcast:
The countryside of Hungary is a sentimental favorite for relaxing family vacations. Rick gets suggestions for tapping into the recreation Hungarians treasure and checks in with listeners planning family trips to the UK and Ireland. Also, get tips for exploring the Basque Country of Spain and France.
- That’s Ridiculous! Why Did My Ticket Refund Take Forever and a Day? – posted this over on Frommer's : Gripes about lengthy refunds are not unique to the travel industry, or even to airlines. But if you want your money back for a ticket, you should probably be prepared for a long wait.
- Take Four: VIA Rail’s Apparently Endless 50% Off Sale – Smarter Travel has posted some info about canada train: Enjoy half off Canada train fares for travel through January 31. But hurry, as this deal ends soon!
Head over to www.smartertravel.com to read the whole article.