Travel news – May 6th 2012 to May 8th 2012:
- Anger, embarrassment on delay to new Berlin airport – USATODAY.com –
German officials say the planned opening of Berlin's new airport next month must be delayed because of fire safety issues.
- Travel Troubleshooter: Hey, What Happened to My Points? – posted this over on Frommer's : A traveler's hard-earned points are missing after a stalled transfer between frequent-flier programs. Will he be able to recover those missing points?
- Max Out AAA and Senior Discounts on Hotels With Room 77 – Sean O'Neill recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
- Air France-KLM reports $483 million loss for Q1 – USATODAY.com –
Air France-KLM on Friday reported a $483 million loss for the first quarter of 2012, citing rising fuel costs.
- Friends vs. Strangers: Who Gives Better Travel Advice? – Laura Michonski recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
There are two types of social networks out there—groups of people that you know from real life (Facebook, LinkedIn) and groups of like-minded folks that you've never met before in your life (TripAdvisor, IgoUgo).Get the Poll Creator Pro widget and many other great free widgets at Widgetbox! Not seeing a widget? (More info)
The former operates on the assumption that you trust your nearest and dearest more than a group of strangers, the latter that the wisdom of the crowds is greater than the sum of its parts.
- Qantas delays Airbus A380 superjumbo deliveries – USATODAY.com –
Qantas has decided to delay the delivery of two Airbus A380 superjumbo jets. The Australian carrier labeled the decision as a cost-cutting move. …
- Israeli president dumps El Al for Air Canada in flap over fees – USATODAY.com –
Airline fees have become a top irritant for many fliers in recent years. Now, even heads of state are feeling the impact.