Travel news – May 3rd 2012 to May 5th 2012:
- Jumbo evolution – the Lufthansa way – Airline Business –
Lufthansa celebrated the arrival of its first Boeing 747-8I on Wednesday in a hangar at Frankfurt airport, where 1,200 invited employees – and a few journos – got a chance to preview the latest iteration of Jumbo Jet. Clockwise from…
- About face: Spirit says it will refund dying vet’s ticket – USATODAY.com –
Spirit Airlines says it will refund a dying Vietnam veteran's nonrefundable airline ticket, after all.
- Late for flight: Woman ignores flat, crashes at airport walkway – USATODAY.com –
A Pennsylvania woman rushing to catch her flight ignored a flat tire and ultimately crashed her car near a moving-walkway that leads fliers into …
- That’s Ridiculous! Travel Companies and Their Restrictive Contracts – posted this over on Frommer's : Can't be bothered to read the fine print? It's just as well, since many contracts by airlines, car rental companies, cruise lines, and hotels appear to penalize the traveler.
- 3 New Websites Help Organize Facebook Travel Photos – Sean O'Neill recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
Sorry, Facebook: You're just not good enough at helping users organize and show off their photos, especially their travel photos.
- Airfare Deals: WestJet, SAS, China Eastern, Alaska Airlines – posted this over on Frommer's : Scared off by expensive plane ticket prices? Consider these fare sales from WestJet, SAS, China Eastern, and Alaska Airlines.
- Video – Breaking News Videos from CNN.com –