Travel news – May 24th 2012 to May 28th 2012:
- Senator asks airlines to drop seat fee for kids – WSJ.com –
NEW YORK — Sen. Charles Schumer is urging airlines to allow families with young children to sit together without paying extra.
- VIDEO: Airbus reveals innovative new narrowbody cabin concept | APEX Editor’s Blog –
– Jonathan NorrisAt this year’s Aircraft Interiors Expo in Hamburg the BDLI’s Competence Network Cabin | Cargo presented a joint concept of ‘innovations flying tomorrow’ (the BDLI or Bundesverband der Deutschen Luft- und Raumfahrtindustrie e.V is the German Aerospace Industries Association).
Dr. Stefan Berndes, head of air transport, equipment and materials at BDLI says, “Under the slogan ‘Imagine’, the five path changing evolutions of inflight innovations are visualised at the booth. They are the result of a t… show all text
- JetBlue holds out on LiveTV sale while Ka versus Ku battle heats up | APEX Editor’s Blog –
– Lori RansonJetBlue is offering a new rationale in delaying a sale of its LiveTV subsidiary after recently disclosing it plans to hold off on any decisions to divest the company until the debate over the merits of Ka and Ku-band-supported Wi-Fi technologies shakes out.
Speculation has been rife for years over when or if JetBlue would divest its 10-year LiveTV subsidiary, which has bolstered competition in the in-flight connectivity business by partnering with ViaSat to offer higher-bandwidth Ka-band connec… show all text
- Airbus pitches wide seats as U.S. fliers get bigger – USATODAY.com –
U.S. airlines seem to be on the a constant lookout for new add-on fees. Carry-on bags, reserved seats, help from phone agents-aathose are just …
- Lesser Known Ways to Max Out Travel Rewards – Sean O'Neill recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
People who travel mostly for pleasure instead of business face tough odds in compiling adequate miles to earn a free trip. Most airlines are requiring more miles than can be earned simply by flying a couple times a year. If you're going to play the mileage game, you must pile up miles any which way you can, but also do it in a smart way —without wasting time or money.
- Airfare Deals: American Airlines, Icelandair, Alaska & Frontier | Frommers.com –
A summer getaway is still within reach, thanks to an American Airlines sale to Spain in August. Plus, check out a fare sale to Iceland this fall.
- Travel Insurance Claims Can Hinge on the Tiniest Details – posted this over on Frommer's : Is travel insurance tricky for a reason? Here's how the fine print tripped up these travelers' insurance claims, and how you can avoid repeating their mistakes.