Travel news – May 21st 2012 to May 24th 2012:
- 6 Coolest New Theme Parks for This Summer – Sean O'Neill recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
- Parental alert: United drops early boarding for children – USATODAY.com –
Families with children who aren't flying premium class can no longer board United flights early. The airline changed its policy last month.
- Earthquake Safety: Because It Never Hurts to Be Prepared – Budget Travel recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
A view of Bologna, Italy, from the top of the Asinelli Tower. The recent 6.3 earthquake struck just 22 miles from Bologna, killing seven people and damaging many historic sites. (Courtesy mtb/myBudgetTravel)
- Travel Troubleshooter: Beware the Fine Print in Travel Insurance – posted this over on Frommer's : Two travelers didn't buy insurance on the full cost of their Italy dream vacation. Will they lose more than $10,000 because they didn't read the fine print?
- 4 Creative Ideas for Family Reunions – Budget Travel recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
(Courtesy Family Art Studio/Flickr)
Organizing a family reunion can be a logistical nightmare. But coming up with fun activities that everyone can participate in and cute mementoes doesn't have to be stressful. Here are a few of our favorite ideas for making the most of the moment—and making those memories last long after you've checked out of that timeshare or returned that RV.
1. Matching shirts can be a bit kitschy or, at best, good for only one wear. But custom-made, well-designed ones are a tasteful twist and can remain a vibrant part of your wardrobe after you get back. Find these wearable works of art at Kin Shirts. Designed specifically for family reunions, these stylish tees come in a number of patterns, such as "[Your name here] Family Circus" under a retro big-top tent or a customizable design that transforms your number of family members into the world's longest tandem bike.
- Save 20% on France Rail Passes – Smarter Travel has posted some info about france rail pass: Buy a five-day adult first-class France rail pass for the price of a three-day pass.
Head over to www.smartertravel.com to read the whole article.
- Packing lighter? Airlines’ bag-fee revenue drops in 2011 – USATODAY.com –
Many passengers have been vocal in their opposition to the proliferation of bag fees airlines have been adding in recent years. And, now, there …