Travel news – May 12th 2012 to May 16th 2012:
- TSA Misstep Causes Teen to Lose Pricey Medical Equipment – Budget Travel recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
- Why Flight+ Is Apple’s App of the Week – Sean O'Neill recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
The app Flight+ launched only a couple of weeks ago, but it's already a bestselling app in the iTunes App Store. The reason is simple: This week, Apple named Flight+ its App of the Week, singling it out as exceptional among the 725,000 apps in the store.
- Ask the Family Travel Expert: What to Expect From Disney World’s New Art of Animation Resort – posted this over on Frommer's : Disney World's new Art of Animation Resort opens in late May, offering an affordable solution for families who want suites that sleep up to six people.
- Airlines on time at record rate in first quarter, data show – USATODAY.com –
The nation's big airlines got passengers to their destinations on time at their best rate in the first quarter, the government reports.
- No Honest Customer Will Pay $100 to Carry a Bag on Spirit – >> The Cranky Flier –
You've probably seen at least one of the dozens of stories reporting on how Spirit is going to charge $100 for a carry on bag. Those stories are incredibly mis
- Mothers Day: Sweet Home Croatia; An American Mother in Paris – This week on the Travel with Rick Steves Podcast:
Author Jennifer Wilson describes what it was like to relocate her family to the same mountain village in Croatia her great-grandparents emigrated from, an American who married a Frenchman explains what it's like raising her first child in Paris, plus, Rick shares how his mother influenced him as a traveler.
- Want an airline to change? Then speak with a million voices –
– Christopher ElliottWhen it comes to customer service, travel companies constantly push the limits with fees, surcharges and onerous policies. No industry does it more than the airlines, and no domestic airline does it more than Spirit Airlines, the small Florida-based carrier known for its risque ads and creative…