Travel news – March 7th 2012 to March 8th 2012:
- Airfare Deals: Frontier, Alaska Airlines, DirectAir, Southwest & Air Canada – posted this over on Frommer's : Why pay more for flights when you could take advantage of these fare sales from Southwest, Frontier, Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, and Porter Airlines?
- READERS’ CHOICE: Where Can You Find The Friendliest Locals? – Budget Travel recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
We get to share our travel picks with you all year long. Now it’s your turn.
- Travel Deals For Cherry Blossom Festivals – Budget Travel recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
- Flight and hotel ski packages with complimentary nights – Smarter Travel has posted some info about delta vacations: Upward savings — downhill skiing. Delta Vacations is offering a complimentary nights' stay on select flight/hotel ski vacations in Colorado, Montana, and Utah. You could save up to $1,080. Travel dates vary, now-April 7.
Head over to www.smartertravel.com to read the whole article.
- Great Time Lapse Video of Southwest Airlines Flight From Denver to Burbank | Airline Reporter | Blogging on the airline business –
– David Parker BrownDavid Achilles, who is an award winning director and editor (not to mention an avgeek) completed a very impressive time lapse video of his recent flight from Denver (DEN) to Burbank (BUR) and back while on Southwest Airlines. Before you get angry at David for having an electronic equipment on during take off and landing — have no worries, he received permission from the Southwest flight crew.
- America’s National Parks Go Online, Street-View Style – Laura Michonski recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
A team of hikers sets out to document our nation's parks.(Courtesy Nature Valley)
- Should You Be Charged For Booking a Rental Car and Not Picking It Up? – Brad Tuttle recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
Travelers are charged when they reserve a hotel room and don't show up. Same thing with flights, of course. For car rentals, though, there's usually no fee for being a no-show. But could the system change?