Travel news – March 5th 2012 to March 6th 2012:
- 6 Neat Niche Hotel Brands – Brad Tuttle recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
Last week, InterContinental introduced an interesting new health-and-fitness-minded brand of hotels called EVEN. But it's hardly the only niche hotel brand out there.
- Comac and Boeing ink collaboration agreement –
The Commercial Aircraft Corporation of China (Comac) has signed a collaboration agreement with Boeing in the areas of research and work that will grow…
- This may be the first photo of the NYC skyline shot through the (huge) window of a 787: –
- Deal or No Deal: 3 Family-Friendly Spring Vacations – posted this over on Frommer's : Always do the math and price out package components separately to see if you're truly saving — or actually paying extra. Check out if any of these three family packages passed our test.
- Cherry blossoms around the world – Bing Travel recently posted this over on the Bing Travel Blog:
The sight of cherry trees in bloom epitomizes spring around the world, from Japan to the United States, which has been the recipient of goodwill gifts of cherry saplings from Japan over the years.
- Buy One Swiss Rail Pass, Get One Free – Smarter Travel has posted some info about swiss rail: Take the scenic route through Switzerland this spring. Buy one four-day Swiss rail pass and get a companion pass at no extra charge.
Head over to www.smartertravel.com to read the whole article.
- Most Popular Places for Tourism in 2011 – Sean O'Neill recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog: