Travel news – March 28th 2012 to March 29th 2012:
- TSA Body Scanners’ Apparent Flaw Raises Airport Security Concerns – posted this over on Frommer's : A blogger figures out a way to fool TSA's full-body scanners, reigniting debates about the effectiveness of the TSA.
- Lufthansa to debut 747-8 Intercontinental on Washington route – USATODAY.com –
Lufthansa Chief Executive Officer Christoph Franz said today that the airline would fly its first 747-8 Intercontinental jumbo jet from Frankurt …
- Lufthansa pegs Dulles as first 747-8 destination – FlightBlogger – Aviation News, Commentary and Analysis –
Lufthansa has announced Washington, DC's Dulles International Airport will be the German airline's first destination for its 747-8 Intercontinental, which will be delivered on April 23.The company did not specify a date for the aircraft's planned daily operation from…
- America’s Newest Airport Terminals to Speed Up Travel – Sean O'Neill recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
- BlueTales » JetBlue » Flight 191 Update –
– JetBlueThere are lots of questions and comments about the incident onboard Flight 191 yesterday (the details of which are now a matter of FBI investigation) and what protocol we have in place for such scenarios. Here are the top 10 questions we’re getting and the facts as we know them:
1. You’re saying it’s a “medical situation” but isn’t it a security issue? Initial reports indicated that Flight 191 was diverting to Amarillo due to a medical situation. As the events unfolded, it became clear that sec… show all text
- READERS’ CHOICE: What’s Your Favorite Tour Company? – Budget Travel recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
We get to share our travel picks with you all year long. Now it’s your turn.
- 4 Most Controversial Blog Posts of 2012 (So Far) – Budget Travel recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
No matter what topics we've covered this year—from the appearance of Gourmet Wendy's in Japan to people getting in trouble for bringing cupcakes and bagels through TSA checkpoints—you've had an opinion. Of course, some stories inspire more conversation than others. Just for fun, we decided to round up some of the most thought-provoking blog posts we've published so far—and your reactions to them.