Travel news – March 21st 2012
- From Twitter – (U.S. travelers to Olympics may bring home measles, CDC warns) http://t.co/gDPoVDNx
- Little Rock airport to be renamed for Bill and Hillary Clinton – USATODAY.com –
Arkansas' busiest airport will soon bear the name of one of the state's most famous couples: Bill and Hillary Clinton.
- BackBid Promises a Better Hotel Deal, but At What Price? – posted this over on Frommer's : A new site lets hotels bid for your business. How will travelers benefit from all the competition?
- Where in the world are you: Disney – Bing Travel recently posted this over on the Bing Travel Blog:
My fascination with Disneyland started when I was about six, the first time my parents made the drive to Los Angeles from Seattle to visit friends and stopped in Anaheim along the way. The spinning teacups (which I always insisted on riding first thing) with Alice in Wonderland’s caterpillars beetling along behind, the creepy corniness of the Haunted Mansion, the sense that something amazing was just around the corner – I loved it all.
- $11.99 for a Lift Ticket? To Ski in Colorado? Yes, and Yes – Brad Tuttle recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
It may feel like summer in much of the country. But the time is ripe for spring skiing (and springtime deals) at North American resorts.
- Boeing Sky Interior | Flickr – Photo Sharing! –
- Longer Vacations Don’t Harm Economy, Say Studies – Sean O'Neill recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
A beach of smart people? Or lazy people? (Courtesy of Bermuda Department of Tourism)