Travel news – March 17th 2012 to March 19th 2012:
- Air Canada recovering from apparent pilot sick out – USATODAY.com –
Air Canada's operations appear to be close to normal this morning following an apparent "sick out" by pilots snarled flights over the weekend, …
- READERS’ CHOICE: Which Airline Has The Best In-Flight Entertainment System? – Budget Travel recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
We get to share our travel picks with you all year long. Now it’s your turn.
- First time seeing one of these in the flesh. Southwest 737 MAX 8 model. #ISTAT12 | Flickr – Photo Sharing! –
- You Think You’re a Frequent Flyer – NYTimes.com –
– By MARCUS MABRYRon Akana has been a flight attendant at United Airlines for 63 years, logging some 20 million miles, the equivalent of circling the globe 800 times or flying 40 times to the moon and back. Beat that.
- Favorite Low Tech Travel Gear for an Around the World Trip | Uncornered Market –
Sharing our favorite low tech travel gear – tea tree oil to tupperware – from four years of traveling around the world.
- Norma Heape, Continental’s Longest-Serving Flight Attendant, Speaks (VIDEO) –
Meet Norma Heape: Continental's longest-serving flight attendant. She's been on-board for 53 years, since 1957, back when they were called hostesses, and required to be single and slender — she even recalls being weighed-in by the airline.
- Retraction | This American Life –
Regrettably, we have discovered that one of our most popular episodes was partially fabricated. This week, we devote the entire hour to detailing the errors in "Mr. Daisey Goes to the Apple Factory," Mike Daisey’s story about visiting Foxconn, an Apple supplier factory in China.