Travel news – March 16th 2012 to March 17th 2012:
- That’s Ridiculous! Pay a Seat Reservation Fee — or Your Kids Don’t Fly With You | Frommers.com –
– <a href="http://www.frommers.com/community/persona.html?UID=826400">Christopher Elliott</a>Afraid that his three kids will be moved to another flight, a traveler pays extra for premium seats — and peace of mind. Have airlines gone too far to earn extra money from seat reservations?
- Four All-inclusive Nights in Cancun, from $729 With Air – posted this over on Frommer's : Hit the beach at this all-inclusive resort in Cancun, and save $198 per person.
- Widebody freighters could be piloted remotely within 15 years –
Civil freight aircraft will be flown by either a single pilot on board with a remote co-pilot on the ground, or no on-board crew at all within 10 to 15…
- One Year Later, Japan Tourism Slowly Recovers – Michelle Baran recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
Tokyo (Courtesy Japan National Tourism Organization)
- A Sailable Feast: What’s New in Cruise Food – Brad Tuttle recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
- READERS’ CHOICE: Which Destination Is The Most Romantic? – Budget Travel recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
We get to share our travel picks with you all year long. Now it’s your turn.
- JAL preps to be Boeing’s second 787 customer as delivery nears – FlightBlogger – Aviation News, Commentary and Analysis –
Japan Airlines is preparing to become the second 787 customer, as Boeing nears imminent certification of GEnx-1B engines and a restart of deliveries that were stalled in early February by required repairs following improper shim installation in its aft…