Travel news – March 12th 2012 to March 14th 2012:
- What to Do If Your Airline Shuts Down – Sean O'Neill recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
Today Direct Air has canceled its flights for two months, due to "failure to pay fuel bills." The six-year old airline, based in Myrtle Beach, S.C., had most of its routes between the Midwest and East Coast and Florida airports. The airline told ticket holders to ask their credit card issuers for refunds.
- Travel Troubleshooter: Hey, That’s No Four-Star Hotel! – posted this over on Frommer's : A traveler uses an online travel agency to reserve a four-star hotel but feels cheated when the hotel winds up being a three-star property. What gives?
- READERS’ CHOICE: What’s Your Favorite Secret Beach? – Budget Travel recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
We get to share our travel picks with you all year long. Now it’s your turn.
- And America’s Best Beach Is… – Rachel Mosely recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
- What’s your dream spring break destination? – HeidiS recently posted this over on the Bing Travel Blog:
The official start of spring is still some days away and winter still has a firm grip on much of the country, so if you’re like us you’re dreaming about where you’d rather be. The Bing Travel team wanted to know where you, our readers, wished you could spend a week in spring. We asked our Facebook fans and Twitter followers to share their dream spring break destinations, and got some incredible responses, which we turned into a new slide show called 10 Dream Spots for Spring Break.
One reader summed up what was on many of your minds by writing where she wanted to be: “On a beach with beautiful clear blue water and lots of palm trees.” We got votes for Hawaii, Florida, and many beaches in the Caribbean. Some places were new to us – such as Siargao, Philippines – and we’re excited to add those to our travel wish lists. Thanks to everyone who participated, and enjoy the slide show. Here’s hoping it inspires your spring travels.
Didn’t get a chance to add your favorite spring break hot spot? Share it now by posting a comment below!
- New Orleans: Up to 30 Percent Off Vacations – Smarter Travel has posted some info about liberty travel: Liberty Travel is featuring three-night air-inclusive getaways to New Orleans from $369 per person.
Head over to www.smartertravel.com to read the whole article.
- APEX News Digest 12th March 2012 –