Travel news – June 22nd 2012 to June 25th 2012:
- Flier sitting next to corpse receives refund – USATODAY.com –
A Swedish woman who complained she had to sit next to a dead passenger on a flight from Amsterdam to Africa has received a partial refund.
- Priceline Puts A Fresh Spin on Booking Hotels Blindly – Sean O'Neill recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
Priceline became famous for its booking service that won't reveal your hotel until after you pay. Today the company has rolled out Express Deals, a service that allows you to specify the amenities you want in a hotel, such as a swimming pool, separate double beds, or an on-site restaurant, before you book it blindly at a deep discount.
- #Blogchat Adds a Sponsor Plus Two Special Co-Hosts For July! | MackCollier.com – Social Media Training and Consulting –
– Mack CollierI have three BIG announcements for #Blogchat in July! The first is that Club Med will be the official sponsor for #Blogchat in July! Club Med offers vacation resorts in several locations around the world! Club Med is also considered the original all-inclusive resort, and one of the most recognizable brands in the world!
So I know what you’re thinking, ‘So Mack, does this mean Club Med is going to give away a trip to one of its resorts? ’
Uh yeah, that’s exactly what it means! As part of… show all text
- The Beautiful Scenery of the Colorado Rockies – blog – earthXplorer – travel and social media – –
– JD AndrewsIt's hard to believe I grew up in the middle of all this towering beauty, Summit County, Colorado.
When you're a kid, it's just mountains but now when I come back to visit my childhood home, the Mountain's Grandeur is overwhelming.
Summit County is located among the towering peaks of the Colorado Rockies, just on the west side of the Continental Divide and an hour drive West of Denver.
The elevation ranges from 7,947 to 14,270 feet above sea level.
Breckenridge show all text
- La Tomatina: Spain’s messiest festival – travel tips and articles – Lonely Planet –
Read La Tomatina: Spain’s messiest festival for travel tips, advice, news and articles from all around the world by Lonely Planet
- That’s Ridiculous! Credit Card Offers You Wish You’d Declined – posted this over on Frommer's : Are all those tempting credit card offers too good to be true? Read the fine print before you commit to an airline's affinity program.
- Would you Put Your Vacation on Layaway? – Danielle Contray recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog: