Travel news – June 1st 2012 to June 3rd 2012:
- QATAR Airways to Terminate Codeshare Service with UNITED from Sep 2012 | Airline Route –
– JLUpdate at 1805GMT 03JUN12
As per 03JUN12 GDS inventory display, QATAR Airways starting 15SEP12 is to terminate codeshare operation with UNITED. QR-coded flight numbers on following 70 UNITED operating routes has been closed for travel on/after 15SEP12. Frankfurt – Chicago Frankfurt – San Francisco Frankfurt – Washington Dulles London Heathrow – Chicago London Heathrow – Los Angeles London Heathrow – San Francisco London Heathrow – Washington Dulles Munich – Chicago Munich – Washington Dulles N… show all text
- Flying on the Inaugural Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental Flight With Lufthansa | Airline Reporter | Blogging on the airline business –
– David Parker BrownLufthansa's first Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental is one beautiful aircraft. Here she is seen after her first flight in DC.
It has been a long road from the conception of the Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental to the first passenger flight on June 1, 2012. Being based in Seattle, I have had the privilege of watching Lufthansa Airline’s first 747-8I go from a few parts to a revenue making machine. I felt beyond lucky when I was invited by Lufthansa to take part on their inaugural flight from Frankfurt … show all text
- Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental Inaugural Flight: Lufthansa – June 1, 2012 –
Exactly one month after the May 1, 2012 delivery of Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental to Lufthansa, and 42 1/2 years after the inaugural of the first Boeing 747 (to Pan Am), the 747-8I took to the skies in revenue passenger service. Lufthansa flight 416 under command of Captains Boje (Chief Pilot of LH 747) and Carsten and took to the skies from Frankfurt to Washington, Dulles. I was a passenger on the flight as I had been on the first Boeing 787 Dreamliner and Airbus A380 revenue inaugural flights…
- That’s Ridiculous: The Mystery of Resort Energy Fees Deepens | Frommers.com –
After travelers voiced their outrage about a resort that appeared to charge energy fees, we dig deeper into this case of missing e-mails, damaged online reputations, and timeshare units.
- Air rage: Passengers ‘quicker to snap’ – CNN.com –
"Air rage" incidents still disturb the friendly skies post-September 11, but experts say the impact is barely perceptible in day-to-day operations.
- Seven Nights in Anaheim, from $723 With Air – posted this over on Frommer's : If you're looking to spend time at Disneyland this summer, Travelocity's seven-night trip will save you more than $125 per person. That's enough money for a one-day theme park ticket.
- Airlines to Congress: ‘Stop looking at us as a cash cow’ – USATODAY.com –
The airline industry warned Congress on Thursday against heaping new taxes on them, saying transport and tourism are too important to the U.S. …