Travel news – June 13th 2012 to June 15th 2012:
- Hawaiian Airlines Launches Non-Stop Service From JFK – Kaeli Conforti recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
- Air France pilots will get ALL the Blame – Jetwhine: Aviation Buzz and Bold Opinion –
– Robert MarkI’ve been dreading this summer … for the first time in my life though actually. That’s because next month the final French BEA report on the Air France 447 crash will be released.
Most professional pilots have a pretty good idea what it’s going to say though … pilot error. No big surprise there.
From the headlines lately, the need for one media outlet to trump the BEA to their final report is powerful. London’s Daily Telegraph decided that not only were the AF 447 pilots at fault, but that Airb… show all text
- Wander Is a New Website for Travelers to Share Inspiration Tastefully – Sean O'Neill recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
A website is really remarkable when it finds a way for people to do something they never knew they wanted to do in a way they never realized could be so easy. Wander (onwander.com), which opened to the public today, strikes me as exactly that kind of website. But the trouble with such websites, such as Facebook, Kayak, and Pinterest, is that they're so innovative they can be hard to describe.
- You told us: Top 5 spots for plane geeks – CNN.com –
It never fails, put out a list of favorite whatevers and it will ignite a firestorm of flaming opinions. What sparked the frenzy this time? A list of cool destinations for airplane geeks and roto heads — um, I mean aviation enthusiasts.
- Travel Troubleshooter: A Burned-Out Clutch and a Surprise Repair Bill | Frommers.com –
After only a few miles, our reader's rental car stops running. Now Hertz is demanding £1,233 for a replacement clutch. Doesn't insurance cover the damage? Apparently not.
- My SAS Idea –
On My SAS Idea you can add your ideas on how to make SAS better! You can take a look at ideas made by others and comment, vote or share your favorite ideas!
- America’s Cutest Hotel Pets – Valerie Rains recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
According to a 2011 Tripadvisor survey, 47% of American pet owners plan to travel with their pets this year, and more and more hotels are devising ways to make those four–legged family members feel welcome—from complimentary pet beds, bowls, and treats to doggie spa services and daily nature hikes. These eight spots go one better—they all have resident pets of their own. Have you ever stayed at a hotel with a particularly charming furball?