Travel news – June 10th 2012 to June 13th 2012:
- APEX News Digest 12th June 2012 –
- Southwest fare sale: Flights fall below $100 round trip – USATODAY.com –
Southwest and its subsidiary AirTran have rolled 72-hour fare sales in which ticket prices are set by the length of a trip.
- Forget Apps! What Are Your Favorite Old-School Travel Planning Tips? – Nicholas DeRenzo recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
Trust me. I like apps as much as the next traveler. TripIt, Google Maps, HotelTonight—they’ve all become almost indispensable tools. But what happens when you’re traveling abroad? Those dreaded data and roaming fees can add up extremely quickly when using apps that require the web.
- Bye, Bye, Things in the Sky (Guest Post) – >> The Cranky Flier –
For those of you who read Dan Webb's musings about the airline industry at Things in the Sky, you might be wondering where the blog went. Well, he's going to w
- 10 Days in Thailand, from $1,699 With Air | Frommers.com –
For the price of what airfare and seven nights' hotel would cost if booked separately, enjoy this escorted Thailand trip that also includes transfers and local transportation, tours, some meals, and more.
- Log In | Facebook –
Facebook is a social utility that connects people with friends and others who work, study and live around them. People use Facebook to keep up with friends, upload an unlimited number of photos, post links and videos, and learn more about the people they meet.
- I travel to escape the inbreeding of fear –
For some reason travel to escape is seen as a bad thing. Like you are a coward and can't cut it in the real world. If that is the case, I will proud