Travel news – July 9th 2012 to July 11th 2012:
- Surprisingly Swanky Fast Food Joints Around the World – Rachel Mosely recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
- Qatar Airways plans changes to 787 economy seats to accommodate over-sized passengers, and the disabled | APEX Editor’s Blog –
– Mary KirbyFARNBOROUGH: Qatar Airways plans to ultimately alter the Recaro CL 3620 economy-class seats on its new Boeing 787s – and is already implementing a plan for its “next” aircraft programme – because the armrests do not completely retract back so that they can be flush against the seats, the APEX editor’s blog can reveal.
Flush armrests enable airlines to sell two seats to passengers of size, as well as accommodate passengers with disabilities. “We can still seat [oversized] passengers” on the CL 3… show all text
- Travel Troubleshooter: Hey, That’s the Wrong London! – posted this over on Frommer's : If a glitch results in an incorrect booking, shouldn't the online travel agency refund the money?
- Exclusive: Wired Test-Drives Boeing’s New 787 Dreamliner | Autopia | Wired.com –
– Jason Paur<
Somewhere over Missouri, even hand-flying the 787 straight and level is exciting. The airplane was simple to fly, even without commercial pilot experience, thanks to the fly-by-wire control system that greatly reduces the workload for the pilot.
(36,000 FT. ABOVE) KANSAS CITY, Missouri – It’s not often that you find yourself on the flight deck of the world’s most advanced passenger aircraft. But that’s where… show all text
- http://pro.flightglobal.com/pages/account/Upgrade.aspx?ShowMissi… –
- The Fissures Are Growing for Papers –
– By DAVID CARRBetween operational fiascos and flailing attempts to slash costs on the fly, it’s clear that the print newspaper business is struggling to stay afloat.
- 5 Reader Tips to Help Beat the Heat – Nicholas DeRenzo recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
If you happen to live in or be visiting one of the dozens of states experiencing record–breaking heat this month, you might be asking yourself a few questions right about now. Will I ever stop sweating? Did I really just get a sunburn in under five minutes? How many Slurpees is too many? And, most importantly, what can I do to stay cool!?