Travel news – July 30th 2012 to August 1st 2012:
- Another needle found in an airline meal, this time in Canada – USATODAY.com –
Another sewing needle has turned up in a passenger's airline meal, this time on a Monday Air Canada flight from Victoria, British Columbia, to …
- Travel Troubleshooter: Why Is My Tour Operator Pocketing My Airline Refund? – posted this over on Frommer's : A traveler's airline refund is issued directly to the tour operator. Will he be able to get his money back from the tour operator?
- Spirit flier ‘threatens to smack’ crew over his saggy pants – USATODAY.com –
Spirit Airlines booted a passenger after he became "verbally abusive" to flight attendants who asked him to pull up his saggy pants.
- FlyRight App for iPhone Gives Jilted Travelers a Megaphone – Sean O'Neill recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
FlyRight is a new app that lets people with iPhones to post their reviews—good and bad—about any aspect of a flight. The app then does the work of making sure the passenger's message is forwarded to an airline's customer service department.
- Follow Along: United Airlines to Unveil First 787 Dreamliner | Airline Reporter | Blogging on the airline business –
– David Parker BrownJoin in on the fun on Tues and then again on Thurs mornings. Image from United.
Tomorrow morning at 5:00am PT (yes, hecka early), United’s first Boeing 787 Dreamliner will come out of the paint hangar, with its special livery. For those of you who will be awake at that time (it is still iffy if I will make it up that early), you can follow along with a live feed being provided by United Airlines.
On Thursday, media will be invited to check out the new interior of United’s Dreamliner and be sure… show all text
- APEX News Digest 30th July 2012 –
- Aeromexico wants $11 billion worth of Boeing 787s, 737s – USATODAY.com –
Boeing appears to have secured a major order from Aeromexico.