Travel news – July 23rd 2012 to July 24th 2012:
- 10 Airports You Might Actually Want to Be Stranded In – Rachel Mosely recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
- American’s revenue momentum continues as US Airways intensifies merger push | CAPA – Centre for Aviation –
- Study: Airlines Are Ripping Off Passengers with Inflated Fuel Surcharges – Sean O'Neill recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
There should be an investigation. Airlines are covertly padding their revenues with fuel surcharges, according to a new study.
Since April 2011, US airlines have hiked fuel surcharges by 53 percent on average, says a study by Carlson Wagonlit Travel, the corporate travel management firm. But the cost of jet fuel has only risen by 23 percent, having fallen from highs a year ago, as the LA Times' Hugo Martin was the first to report.
- JetBlue, Virgin America add ‘elite’ perks for top fliers – USATODAY.com –
Low-cost carriers JetBlue and Virgin America each announced today that they are adding perks of elite members of their frequent-flier programs. …
- JetBlue, Virgin America Up Business Travel Ante With Elite Frequent-Flier Levels – The Middle Seat Terminal – WSJ –
– Scott McCartneyTwo value-oriented airlines, JetBlue Airways and Virgin America, are adding elite tiers to their frequent-flier programs to appeal more to business travelers and reward repeat customers with better seats, shorter airport security lines, pre-boarding and even a free trip into space. Business travelers love — and expect — their travel perks, and large airlines have created elaborate tiers to give customers more incentive to stay loyal to a carrier to achieve better status. Both jetBlue and Virg… show all text
- Three Nights at Walt Disney World, from $482 With Air – posted this over on Frommer's : Want to take the family on one last trip before school starts? This three-night vacation to Walt Disney World saves you nearly $200 per person.
- American Airlines new aircraft cabin interior tour – Airbus A321 and Boeing 777-300 –
- Log In | Facebook –
Facebook is a social utility that connects people with friends and others who work, study and live around them. People use Facebook to keep up with friends, upload an unlimited number of photos, post links and videos, and learn more about the people they meet.