Travel news – July 19th 2012 to July 21st 2012:
- A la Carte Menu [en] –
- That’s Ridiculous! New Tipping Traps To Watch For – posted this over on Frommer's : Travelers are often criticized for under-tipping, but what happens when travelers inadvertently over-tip? Beware of restaurants and businesses that include gratuities on bills "for your convenience."
- Business Class pax on Turkish Airlines now receive an amenity… on Twitpic –
- Four Towns That Have Their Own Currency – Budget Travel recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
- PeoplExpress delays launch as it as awaits planes, feds’ OK – USATODAY.com –
Remember all that talk about the return of the PeoplExpress brand? You can put that on ice, at least for the rest of this year.
- Top Picks from BT’s Coolest Small Towns Road Trip – Budget Travel recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
To celebrate the two towns that tied for first place in Budget Travel's annual Coolest Small Towns contest, Will McGough (the editor of Wake and Wander) took the Coolest Road Trip from Beaufort, N.C., to Hammondsport, N.Y. Here are his highlights (including stops in runners–up Damascus, Va., and Cape May, N.J.).
- Airfare Deals: Aer Lingus, Air Canada, KLM & More – posted this over on Frommer's : Save on flights to Dublin this fall with Aer Lingus, redeem a promo code for 15% off Air Canada flights, and enjoy more savings from American Airlines and KLM.