Travel news – July 13th 2012 to July 15th 2012:
- BBC News – What are the uses for an old Boeing 747 aeroplane? –
Tom Wrigglesworth and Rob Bell visit the UK's largest plane salvage centre to discover what happens to a Boeing 747 when it reaches the end of its working life.
- DELTA to Cancel Memphis – Dallas Love Field from Sep 2012 | Airline Route –
– JLUpdate at 1825GMT 14JUL12
DELTA starting 01SEP12 is cancelling Memphis – Dallas Love Field service, currently served twice a day on board CRJ200 aircraft. The airline will shift the service to Atlanta, where it’ll operate 5 times a day to DAL (previously reported on 07JUL12).
Existing schedule: DL3887 MEM0845 – 1018DAL CRJ x6 DL4173 MEM1010 – 1143DAL CRJ 6 DL4007 MEM1350 – 1517DAL CRJ x6
DL3887 DAL1140 – 1310MEM CRJ x6 DL4052 DAL1415 – 1544MEM CRJ 6 DL4007 DAL1620 – 1752MEM CRJ x6
Filed under: show all text
- 5 Nights in Northern California, from $799 With Air – posted this over on Frommer's : Save more than $200 this fall with a Northern California vacation package that includes airfare, hotel, and a rental car.
- FAA proposes big $13 million fine against Boeing – USATODAY.com –
The Federal Aviation Administration proposed a $13 million fine against Boeing for missing a deadline to improve fuel tanks after an explosion that killed 230 people aboard TWA Flight 800.
- What Was Your Most Embarrassing Travel Moment? – Kaeli Conforti recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
We recently asked our readers on our Facebook and Twitter pages to tell us about their most embarrassing travel moments, and the stories we got were hysterical! While some of them were a bit out of our comfort zone—one reader returned to his hostel room to find a naked man in his bed, another accidentally confused the Italian word for preservatives with the word for condoms in front of her boyfriend's family—we did want to share some of the more appropriate tales of humiliation on the road.
- 10 Scariest U.S. Airports – ABC News –
(Redlegsfan21/Flickr) Ever grabbed that airplane armrest a little tighter during landing? Ever felt as if you were taking of in a space shuttle instead of an Airbus? Well, you may have been taking off or landing at one of the scariest airports in the…
- Are Premium Economy Seats Worth the Splurge? – Sean O'Neill recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
A few major airlines have recently expanded their "premium economy" class on international flights.