Bringing you what’s new in travel for September 2nd 2010 through September 4th 2010:
- ATTN SEATTLE PEEPS: Vintage Aircraft Weekend at Paine Field NOW! | Airline Reporter | An airline blog on the airline industry –
Lots of great stuff to check out at Vintage Aircraft Weekend at Paine Field this weekend.
If you are in the Seattle area this weekend and you like aviation, you probably want to stop by Paine Field (KPAE) to check out the Vintage Aircraft Weekend.
It is more than just looking at vintage airplanes on the ground. These babies can still fly and will show off their stuff. There will also be people who fly and work on the planes to be around to answer your questions and tell you stories.
Oh and ther.. show all text
- Airline Livery of the Week: Full Allegiant Air Livery on Boeing 757 | Airline Reporter | An airline blog on the airline industry –
Allegiant Airlines Boeing 757 (N901NV) with full livery
A while back I was able to get a hold of a photo of a Boeing 757 with only the winglet painted with Allegiant Livery. Today I was sent a photo of the whole (ok, minus the nose) plane decked out in Allegiant livery.
As reported previously, Allegiant is looking to fly the planes to destinations in Hawaii. To date, they have not announced where they will fly.
I do not know when or where this photo was taken, but I do know the Allegiant livery.. show all text
- Pet Travel News: A handy app, a Disney resort, and more – Nicholas DeRenzo recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
Good news for folks who consider their pets part of the family. The Mo's Nose app—based on a children's book series of the same name—is your go-to guide for pet-friendly travel. This GPS-enabled tool helps you sniff out everything from groomers, dog parks, and kennels to hotels that welcome canine guests. Does your pooch have a deep dark secret you can't wait to crack? Oddly enough, you can even search pet psychics across America. Released on August 19, this app is compatible with iPhones and iPod Touch and can be downloaded for free from the iTunes App Store.
- Paris: 5 free September events—plus 2 under $15 – Meg Zimbeck recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
Jazz à la Villette (through September 12)
The city's premier jazz festival takes place every fall in and around the Parc de la Villete (19th arrondissement). The 2010 lineup includes Afro-Cuban stars Chucho Valdés and Archie Shepp, proto-rap pioneer Gil Scott-Heron, and some high-energy Klezmer from David Krakauer and SoCalled. Ticket prices begin at €12 (about $15), and the full program of events can be found here.
- 5 Ways Travelers Have Lost Their Manners – posted this over on Frommer's : Here are five cases where obnoxious travelers give everyone a bad name. On your next trip, do us all a favor and make sure that you're not being equally scandalous.