Bringing you what’s new in travel for September 16th 2010 through September 17th 2010:
- Travel like a pirate – AmyS_travel recently posted this over on the Bing Travel Blog:
Ahoy, me hearties! As ye may know, Sept. 19 be International Talk Like a Pirate Day, when all and sundry be invited to say, “Arrgh,” “Avast” and “Shiver me timbers!” to their heart’s content. Here at Bing Travel, we say: Why stop at just talkin’ like a pirate?
- Are Loyalty Programs Worth It? – posted this over on Frommer's : Hoarding frequent-flier miles or loyalty points can be addictive, until you realize that you've never been able to redeem those points for a free flight or hotel room. Are loyalty programs worthless or worthwhile?
- Top 10 Health and Beauty Tips for Travelers – Smarter Travel has posted some info about pitfalls: Want to know the secret to looking fresh and vibrant when you step off the plane? Use these tips and tricks to avoid some of the most common beauty pitfalls while traveling.
Head over to www.smartertravel.com to read the whole article.
- Would you book a flight to space? – Kate Appleton recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
- How to Spend Less Time in Line at the Airport [Airport] – Lifehacker's Hipmunk just posted this article:
Airport security lines are a great place to meet federal employees, check out the newest shoe fashions, and—if you're a lawyer—bill by the hour. But otherwise, they're no fun. Here are several strategies for minimizing your time in line. More »
Read the rest at Lifehacker