Bringing you what’s new in travel for September 15th 2010 through September 16th 2010:
- Ask Trip Coach: Pet travel – Brad Tuttle recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
People love their pets — so much so that they want to take them everywhere they go. But what are the smartest, most fun and headache-free, and all-in-all best ways to travel with your pet?
- What to Expect for the 2010 Holiday Travel Season – Bing Travel recently posted this over on the Bing Travel Blog:
It’s that time again! Time to start thinking about where going and when you are traveling for Thanksgiving, the holidays and New Year’s. <b></b>
- Leave Luggage in a Hot Car to Minimize Risk of Bed Bugs [Travel] – Lifehacker's Jason Fitzpatrick just posted this article:
Bed bugs are the last thing you want to bring home from your travels. Minimize the risk of bed bugs riding home in your luggage by baking your luggage in a hot car before taking it inside. More »
Read the rest at Lifehacker
- Park of the Week: Lyndon B. Johnson National Historical Park – posted this over on Frommer's : LBJ's former Texas ranch is now the site of a national park with historical exhibits, self-guided driving tours — and cattle herds.
- Fall foliage in national parks – RobinD_travel recently posted this over on the Bing Travel Blog:
Don’t look now, but Denali National Park in Alaska is already glowing with autumn color. Mount Rainier National Park in Washington is getting into the act, too, its vine maples ablaze with crimson red. Even lower-elevation parks such as Voyageurs in Minnesota are starting to turn up the color.