Bringing you what’s new in travel for September 12th 2010 through September 14th 2010:
- Belkin Mini Surge Protector with USB Charger, Only $11 at Amazon [Dealhacker] – Lifehacker's Kevin Purdy just posted this article:
For creating charging stations in any room, or getting in on the last plug in the coffee shop through sharing, it's hard to beat Belkin's small surge protector and USB charger. Right now it's just $11 at Amazon (technically listed at $25 through Belkin), and totally worth the price. We've previously featured it as stuff we like, it made an appearance in Adam's laptop bag show-and-tell, and I'm now too a proud owner. It's a little bigger than you might think, but worth the space to leave your cellphone chargers at home and never have to play musical plugs again. Plus, it now seems to come with a mini-USB cord included—always a nice bonus. [Amazon] More »
Read the rest at Lifehacker
- Top 10 Reasons to Cruise – Smarter Travel has posted some info about doubts: Having doubts about cruising? With onboard music shows, your pick of restaurants, and waking up in new cities each day, you may need to put cruises back on your travel radar. Plus, share your own reasons for cruising!
Head over to www.smartertravel.com to read the whole article.
- Work Smart Video: How to Stay Productive on the Road [Productivity] – Lifehacker's Gina Trapani just posted this article:
I've traveled to nine different cities already this year and I've got four different major work projects going on, so keeping on top of everything on the go is something I've had to get good at out of necessity. Here's how. More »
Read the rest at Lifehacker
- Cheap(er) Eats on the Go – Nina Willdorf recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
It seems like every industry is getting its own flash-sale site—where deep discounts are offered on a limited basis online—and now restaurants, too, are getting a taste of the action.
Last week, I read about the burgeoning trend on the New York Times��� ���Bits��� blog, highlighting a new entry, Village Vines, that includes discounts on your bill (after you pay $10 for a reservation):
- » Think an airline has a great social media strategy? Nominate them now for the SimpliFlying-Airline Business Social Media Awards – SimpliFlying || Aviation :: Branding :: Technology || Airline.. –
Airlines around the world are making great progress in engaging their customers through social media these days, as we highlighted in our six airline case studies published last month. Now, it’s time to recognize the best airlines in social media.
As part of the inaugural ‘Social media for the aviation industry‘ conference being held in London on Oct 1, 2010, we are launching an awards scheme to recognise and reward those innovating in the field.
We are inviting everyone invol.. show all text