Bringing you what’s new in travel for October 25th 2010 through October 26th 2010:
- Save on Hotel Rates by Pretending You’re a Student [Saving Money] – Lifehacker's Adam Dachis just posted this article:
If you want to save some money on traveling, pretending to be a prospective student can often land you discounted rates. Here's how. More »
Read the rest at Lifehacker
- Airline pilots tell their juiciest secrets – Brad Tuttle recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
Have you ever wondered if pilots actually sleep in the cockpit? Or whether airlines have adjusted their flight times strictly for the sake of a better record of on-time arrivals?
- San Francisco: A shorthand guide to burritos – Justine Sharrock recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
I consider it blasphemous to visit San Francisco without eating a burrito. The best taquerias in town are in the Mission District (near the 16th street and 24th street BART stations). But for out-of-towners, the giant menu on the wall behind the counter can be intimidating (even for avid Chipotle eaters!) I'll often see a local offering up advice to travelers while standing in line, so consider this my ultimate primer to all you future visitors to my city.
- Delta defers first 787 delivery to 2020 –
- Sukhoi SuperJet 100 | Flickr – Photo Sharing! –