Bringing you what’s new in travel for October 21st 2010 through October 23rd 2010:
- http://www.flickr.com/photos/39709143@N00/5106633341/in/pool-gue.. –
- Here’s looking at you, New York airline fliers – LA Daily News –
- How to Make Spring Rolls –
- 10145 from traveldudes.org – StumbleUpon –
- 30 Breathtaking Long Exposure Photos With Water | The Roxor | Design blog for resources and inspiration –
- The Value of Tour Groups – Nomadic Matt’s Travel Site – StumbleUpon –
- The TSA Blog: Security is Not Optional –
TSA’s job is to help keep the skies safe. Members of flight crews in or out of uniform whether dead-heading, commuting, or working are not exempt from security. It has always been this way. If procedures call for them to go through TSA checkpoint screening and there's an AIT machine present, they can opt out of AIT screening just like any other passenger, but they’ll also receive a thorough pat-down, just like any other passenger who opts out. Opting out of a pat-down and AIT screen.. show all text
- It’s Official: The United-Continental Merger Is Working (AMR, DAL, UAL) –
- Alaska Airlines launches Wi-fi onboard intra-Alaska flights –
- Leave tomorrow: Airfares to Hawaii are down – JD Rinne recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
- Bing Musical Journeys – HeidiS recently posted this over on the Bing Travel Blog:
When I first heard the song “Girl from Ipanema,” I wondered where in the world Ipanema was — and if it was even a real place. It sounded exotic, it sounded far away, and when I finally saw pictures of the now-famous beach in Rio, it lived up to my vision of it. (Though I’ve still not been lucky enough to go there!)
Music and travel are inseparable, so we wanted to take a closer look at the destinations behind some of the most famous songs about famous places. We’ve dug up some ditties that have undoubtedly stuck in your head over the years in the new Bing Travel slideshow, Musical Journeys, and then added beautiful images. Even better, you can listen to all the music by clicking on the name of the song in the text.
Do you have a favorite song about a favorite place? Share it with us by adding a comment, below.
- Wanderfly Aggregates Dozens of Travel Tools into a Single Dashboard [Travel] – Lifehacker's Jason Fitzpatrick just posted this article:
Wanderfly is a travel search aggregator that compiles the results of dozens of popular travel search tools into one master dashboard for easy comparisons and trip planning. More »
Read the rest at Lifehacker
- A La Carte Pricing Coming to Cruises? – Smarter Travel has posted some info about cruise ships: Last week, Carnival announced a "test" of adding a supplement to certain entrees in the regular dining rooms on three of its big cruise ships. This may be a taste of what's to come.
Head over to www.smartertravel.com to read the whole article.