Bringing you what’s new in travel for October 13th 2010 through October 15th 2010:
- Neighborhood watch: Monti, Rome – Sofia Celeste recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
Tucked between the Roman Forum and the Quirinale Palace, Monti housed the poorest locals back in ancient Roman times, when it was called Suburra ("sub urbis"), Latin for "under city." In recent years, this neighborhood has morphed into the place to see and be seen, especially for bohemian thirty-somethings. Its winding, well-kept cobblestone streets are home to some of Rome's best locali (hangouts) as well as eclectic shops and piazzas for observing everyday life.
- How to Find Airline Seats for a Family Group – Smarter Travel has posted some info about frequent flyer: Booking group seats can be daunting. And for frequent flyer seats, finding even one seat close to the day you want to fly is tough; it's nearly impossible with groups.
Head over to www.smartertravel.com to read the whole article.
- HomeAway Catalogs Vacation Rentals Across the World [Vacation] – Lifehacker's Jason Fitzpatrick just posted this article:
If you're tired of paying high prices for hotels accommodations HomeAway catalogs thousands of rental properties where you can enjoy the luxuries and space of a home at a fraction of the hotel cost. More »
Read the rest at Lifehacker
- How a Kindle can help you travel – Sean O'Neill recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
One day recently I landed on the shores of the Italian island of Ischia without a guidebook or a paperback novel. I was forced to depend on my Kindle for reading on the beaches, the ferry rides, and around town.
- A gorgeous new Boeing 777-300ER (Extended Range) for Turkish … on Twitpic –
- Cruise Deals for the Week of Oct. 14, 2010 – posted this over on Frommer's : Book now for discounts on South Pacific and Greek Isles sailings, plus nab a spot on Royal Caribbean's newest megaship Allure of the Seas.
- ’50 secrets your pilot won’t tell you’ – USATODAY.com –
That's the attention-grabbing headline of a piece that's set to appear the Readers Digest that hits the newsstands this Tuesday.