Bringing you what’s new in travel for October 12th 2010 through October 13th 2010:
- Ever wonder what kind of weird stuff gets confiscated at JFK airport? – Brad Tuttle recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
A new photo exhibit in New York City shows exactly what gets confiscated: Cuban cigars, pirated DVDs, heroin, animal parts, hand grenades, bongs, and more.
- A peek inside the new 737 Boeing Sky Interior. See how 1 of o… on Twitpic –
- Isitraining.in Tells You Whether You Need Your Umbrella Anywhere [URLs] – Lifehacker's Kevin Purdy just posted this article:
If you're flying, taking the train, or otherwise heading somewhere the weather could be different, visiting isitraining.in could be a day saver. Add a slash and your intended city after the URL, and you get your answer to "Is it raining?" More »
Read the rest at Lifehacker
- New York City's Best Free Concerts – posted this over on Frommer's : From classical to jazz, New York City is the perfect year-round showcase for free performances by famous and up-and-coming musicians.
- Free lodging for veterans on November 10 – Brad Tuttle recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
On Wednesday, November 10, more than 600 B&Bs around the country are offering free rooms for active or retired military personnel.