Bringing you what’s new in travel for November 8th 2010 through November 9th 2010:
- 5 Ways to Entertain the Kids in New York – posted this over on Frommer's : Afraid the kids will get bored on a visit to New York City? Here are several ways to keep them happily occupied for days in the Big Apple.
- Breaking: Smoke in ZA002’s cabin forces evacuation (Update3) – FlightBlogger – Aviation News, Commentary and Analysis –
- Frommer's 5 Deals for Nov. 10, 2010 – posted this over on Frommer's : Save big on a Dubai and seven-night cruise combo, plus trips to Peru, China, and beach vacations in Jamaica and the Dominican Republic.
- Places with really funny names – HeidiS recently posted this over on the Bing Travel Blog:
If you've ever sniggered at a road sign for Hell, Mich., or Humptulips, Wash., then have we got a slide show for you. Bing Travel's new feature, Funny Place Names, explores 16 spots on the map that have funny, bizarre or just plain weird names. We’ve all come across them in our travels – road signs that you can’t resist snapping a picture of. One pass through some of these places and it’ll convince you that American creativity – and sense of humor – is alive and well. (Though we’ve included a couple of international places worth mentioning, as well.)
- Free in-flight Wi-Fi on three airlines this holiday season – Brad Tuttle recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
- From Twitter – RT @channeldvorak Cripes! The TSA Now Bans Toner Cartridges http://bit.ly/9AT9Xv
- Top Cruise Ship Bars for Happy Hour – Smarter Travel has posted some info about cigar lounges: There's never been a shortage of bars or lounges on any ship, but these spots make the traditional evening cocktail hour even more fun. From ESPN sports bars to any-time-of-day Champagne chic to cigar lounges, we've put together a primer of best bets.
Head over to www.smartertravel.com to read the whole article.