Bringing you what’s new in travel for November 27th 2010 through November 28th 2010:
- (JFK) John F. Kennedy International Airport Delays –
- Award search –
- Want Some Airline Humor? Check Out This Blog | Airline Reporter | An airline blog on the airline industry –
Check out this blog for a little mis-information humor.
If you don’t care about facts and like a little humor with airlines and the local Seattle area, then you should check out The Airline Blogger blog.
This local anonymous blogger recently started sharing his mis-knowledge recently and lives in the Seattle area. He is blogging anonymously, but I know the guy. I can assure you that he literally knows nothing about aviation and I think he actually believes most of what he is pos.. show all text
- The Fight for Community Radio in Guatemala | We Blog The World –
In the highland market township of Solola, Guatemala, Radio Roca is broadcasting phone calls from local Indigenous listeners. “I feel sad that we don’t perform the traditional bull dance anymore, can you please play the music for this dance?” requests an elderly man. Others ring in to talk about road blockages following tropical storm Agatha, the algae spread in nearby Lago de Atitlan, and Solola’s upcoming annual street festival. This is healthy community radio at play,.. show all text
- San Francisco Ballet’s Nutcracker | We Blog The World –
San Francisco Ballet brings Nutcracker back again this December. The first ballet company to bring the Nutcracker tradition to America, San Francisco Ballet’s awe-inspiring production is worth attending if you’re in the Bay Area at all during Christmas month. Set in San Francisco during the 1915 World’s Fair, Clara’s dreamlike journey is an ode to the City’s historical grandeur – all amidst colorful, larger than life scenery, over 200 dazzling costumed c.. show all text
- Wild Child Originals | We Blog The World –
Just spent my evening helping out with a fashion show at Wild Child Originals; now officially my fave vintage shop. I’d heard good things about Wild Child before, but it’s better than I’d anticipated: whereas most vintage shops require lots of rummaging through smelly eighties jumpers to find one good purchase, everything in here seems hand-picked, with abundant supplies of one-off gems. Even the big eighties jumpers are fabulous (and not smelly, I hasten to add). The sh.. show all text
- Destination at a glance: Wales – travel tips and articles – Lonely Planet –
- Our UK editor Tom Hall: online travel journo of the year – Lonely Planet blog –
At Lonely Planet HQ we’re rather over the moon (and round-the-world) at the news that Lonely Planet’s UK editor Tom Hall has been named ‘Online Travel Journalist of the Year’ at the UK Travel Press Awards 2010 (Lonely Planet magazine also got a gong for best Consumer Travel Publication).
Tom gives new meaning to the term roving reporter – he’s forever trotting off around the globe (often by train) and making us terrifically jealous. Here’s just a sample.. show all text
- Airport Check-in: Autistic kids learn about flying – USATODAY.com –
Philadelphia International and child development specialists are operating mock flights for children with autism to help them learn air trav …
- Turkish Airlines to launch Istanbul – Guangzhou from late-Jan 2011 « AIRLINE ROUTE –
From 30JAN11, Turkish Airlines is launching 3 weekly Istanbul – Guangzhou service on board NEW Boeing 777-300ER aircraft.
The Star Alliance member is now accepting reservations for this flight as of 29NOV10. Schedule below: TK072 IST2305 – 1450+1CAN 777 247 TK073 CAN2305 – 0505+1IST 777 135
- FT.com / Companies / Aerospace & Defence – ANA presses Boeing on 787 delay –
All Nippon Airways, the first customer for Boeing's 787, has complained of repeated delays, in a fresh sign of pressure on the maker of the world's most advanced long-haul passenger jet
- Attention Texans: Win Party Passes and RT Tickets from Virgin America || Jaunted –
- Celebs to Go Silent on Twitter and Facebook for Charity –
Millions of people will be deprived of their favorite celebrity musings later this week as the likes of Lady Gaga, Justin Timberlake and Ryan Seacrest go dark on Twitter and Facebook. The silence will only be temporary, however, as it’s part of a $1 million fundraiser for World AIDS Day, which takes place December 1.
The project was organized by Alicia Keys on behalf of her charity Keep a Child Alive. According to the Associated Press, the celebs — which also include Kim and Khloe K.. show all text
- Dog Sledding in Canada | Brilliant Tips from BrilliantTrips.com – StumbleUpon –
- Put Out the Welcome Mat: How to Run a Blog Contest with Panache –
This guest post is by Nathalie Lussier.
Whether you’ve got a new blog or want to jump start your existing blog, you have two options: 1) keep blogging and hope it pans out, 2) try something different.
In this post you’ll learn how to run a blog contest with panache. Just like you want to organize a great party that everyone continues to talk about weeks after, your blog contest should create a great experience for everyone involved.
People love participating in contests: it makes th.. show all text
- Yfrog Photo : yfrog.com/ngvnlp –
- AFP: Italian carrier Alitalia to cut up to 800 jobs: report –
- What’s the Best Way to Connect With Home From Europe? – Smarter Travel has posted some info about ed perkins: In the smartphone age, is getting a local SIM card still the best way to keep in touch? Ed Perkins explains your best options for phoning home during a trip in Europe.
Head over to www.smartertravel.com to read the whole article.
- Yvette and Justine’s Avgeek Christmas Tweetup … | nonnyjorris –
Yvette and Justine's Avgeek Christmas Tweetup …
- Today Show Video Player –