Bringing you what’s new in travel for March 18th 2010 through March 19th 2010:
- How rental car companies undermine credit card insurance coverage – Sean O'Neill recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
Imagine that you crashed your rental car, and—thankfully—no one was injured. The repair bill may be picked up by an insurer. But you may be stuck with paying "administrative fees" that the rental car company charges, which can total hundreds of dollars.
- Coupon codes for quick, easy travel savings – Brad Tuttle recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
Coupons aren't only for the supermarket. They're handy for snagging discounts on hotels, flights, car rentals, travel packages, and more.
- The best places to welcome spring – AmyS_travel recently posted this over on the Bing Travel Blog:
For me, there are two different days each year when spring begins. One of them is the spring equinox, March 20 this year. The other is the day I first notice that bright yellow forsythias have burst into bloom, cheerily announcing the joyful season to come.
- Rome: Where to eat when you need a pasta break – Barbie Latza Nadeau recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
- Smart Deal of the Week: Six Nights in Barcelona, From $799 With Air – posted this over on Frommer's : Book now for a late spring getaway to Barcelona from Virgin Vacations, which bundles your air and hotel so you can focus on the sightseeing (and sangria).