Bringing you what’s new in travel for December 2nd 2010 through December 3rd 2010:
- Save Pompeii! – Sean O'Neill recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
The world's most famous open-air museum is falling apart. Pompeii, the ancient Roman city with its fragile ruins and frescoes, has seen a few structures collapse in the past month—causing an uproar. Are Italian authorities doing enough to protect this cultural treasure?
- Who Really Qualifies as a Travel Agent? – Smarter Travel has posted some info about ed perkins: Who qualifies as a travel expert? They try to get the facts straight, tell you when they're unsure, and when they're being comped by a provider. Ed Perkins names some reliable sources.
Head over to www.smartertravel.com to read the whole article.
- UNESCO���s Intangible Cultural Heritage List—Good for Flamenco, But Where���s America?! – Nicholas DeRenzo recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
Most avid travelers know a thing or two about UNESCO's list of World Heritage Sites. If you've spent any time traveling, you've probably seen the phrase "UNESCO World Heritage Site" in guidebooks and tourism brochures, on plaques, or even in the news. For over 30 years, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) has celebrated locations like cities, buildings, monuments, or natural wonders that have been deemed culturally or physically significant. As of 2010, the list includes 911 iconic spots like the Grand Canyon, Stonehenge, the Statue of Liberty, and the Great Wall of China.
- Airfare Deals and News for the Week of Dec. 3, 2010 – posted this over on Frommer's : Southwest and Virgin America sales, plus a guide to redeeming travel vouchers and airline credits.
- Make Your Holiday Travel Easier with Packing Cubes [Stuff We Like] – Lifehacker's Adam Dachis just posted this article:
Packing well isn't easy or fun, but it's a lot less stressful with packing cubes. Like mini modular suitcases, they make organization simple and are your best ally in the fight to keep your suitcase user-friendly. More »
Read the rest at Lifehacker
- On Dec. 1, employees of the Boeing 737 program celebrated the… on Twitpic –