Bringing you what’s new in travel for August 24th 2010 through August 25th 2010:
- Airline Seating Chart Shows You Best Seat for Your Needs [Air Travel Tip] – Lifehacker's Jason Fitzpatrick just posted this article:
Whether you want more leg room, a better spot to stash your carry on bag, or to keep your elbows safe from the ravages of rickety drink carts, this handy diagram will help. More »
Read the rest at Lifehacker
- Sick of airline baggage fees? Get your hotel to pay for them – Brad Tuttle recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
Two major hotel companies have promotions in which they'll cover the costs of guests' airline checked baggage fees.
- San Francisco: The 5 best farmers markets – Justine Sharrock recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
Where the chefs shop: The Ferry Plaza Farmers Market
Considered one of the top farmers' markets in the country, and a magnet for the area's locavore chefs, purveyors set up outside the food-centric Ferry building—whose tenants include Cowgirl Creamery and Miette's pastry shop.
Our fresh pick: maple breakfast croissants from 4505 Meat's, which you can take down to the benches overlooking the Bay.
When: Tuesdays, 10am–2pm���
Thursdays, 10 am–2pm���
- The PME Interview – Thoughts and Insights from the World of Inflight Entertainment –
- My Take: A monthly reader photo pick – Budget Travel recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
Our new feature on the magazine's back page, My Take, tells the story behind one reader's top shot.