Travel news – February 29th 2012 to March 1st 2012:
- Mark Your Calendar: The 2012 New York Times Travel Show – Budget Travel recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
The New York Times Travel Show (Courtesy of The New York Times)
- Boeing picks up awards for record-breaking 787 flight –
Boeing has been presented with twin official records for the 787's December 2011 attempt to break the longest flight for an aircraft in its weight class…
- Southwest, AirTran now single carrier in FAA’s eyes – USATODAY.com –
Southwest and AirTran are now a single airline in the eyes of the Federal Aviation Administration.
- READERS’ CHOICE: The Best Airport To Get Stuck In – Budget Travel recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
We get to share our travel picks with you all year long. Now it’s your turn.
- Something Different: The Supreme Court of London –
- How Ford Kicked Its Social Marketing Strategy Into Overdrive [VIDEO] –
– Mashable VideoYou don’t have to look very far to notice that there are a lot of car companies trying to get in the social game — you can see plenty examples in this year’s Super Bowl ads.
It wasn’t always this way for Ford. In 2009, they recruited Scott Monty to be their head of social media. Since then, he’s come up with innovative strategies to blend social into all of Ford’s marketing campaigns.
“Social media is not a standalone,” Monty said. “It’s not a rubber stamp you put on after having done everything show all text
- http://flickr.com/photos/flightblogger/6941509893 –
- Air + hotel ski vacation packages with complimentary nights – Smarter Travel has posted some info about delta vacations: Upward savings — downhill skiing. Delta Vacations is offering a complimentary nights' stay on select flight/hotel ski vacations in Colorado, Montana, and Utah. You could save up to $1,080. Travel dates vary, now-April 7.
Head over to www.smartertravel.com to read the whole article.