Travel news – February 28th 2012 to February 29th 2012:
- 2012 Spring Break Fareology Forecast: Airfare Up 4% from 2011 – The Bing Team recently posted this over on the Bing Travel Blog:
Spring is in the air and spring break is around the corner. For those of you who haven’t locked down your getaway plans, we’ve enlisted the Fareologists at Bing Travel to help. The team has scoured millions of round-trip itineraries to give you the low down on the spring travel landscape as well as tips on how you can break away without breaking the bank.
- Water Parks as a Way to Escape the Cold? – Laura Michonski recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
- France to Require Breathalyzers in All Cars, Including Rentals – Sean O'Neill recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
The French are cracking down on drunk driving in a way that may surprise American visitors.
- Air + hotel ski vacation packages with complimentary nights – Smarter Travel has posted some info about delta vacations: Upward savings — downhill skiing. Delta Vacations is offering a complimentary nights' stay on select flight/hotel ski vacations in Colorado, Montana, and Utah. You could save up to $1,080. Travel dates vary, now-April 7.
Head over to www.smartertravel.com to read the whole article.
- Travel Troubleshooter: Wow, That’s Some Luggage Fee! – posted this over on Frommer's : A traveler receives a nasty surprise when she has to pay €500 ($671) to check her bags. Should the online travel agency, which misinformed her about the extra fees, cough up a refund?
- Expert Tips For A Fear–Less Flight – Valerie Rains recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
- Cathay Pacific’s New Economy Seats: The End of Numb Butt Syndrome? || Jaunted –