Travel news – August 31st 2012 to September 6th 2012:
- 7 Great Culinary Bike Tours – Budget Travel recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
Ride and dine with East Austin Bike Tour, one of many culinary bike tours around the country (Photograph by Buff Strickland. Bikes courtesy Fast Folks Cyclery. )
- Peru with Kids: Appreciating Machu Picchu & Much More – posted this over on Frommer's : A family trip to Machu Picchu reveals other adventures and a tasty introduction to Peruvian cuisine.
- Where to Do Free Yoga For National Yoga Month – Kaeli Conforti recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
September is National Yoga Month, and what better way to celebrate than with free yoga events around the country?
- Travel Troubleshooter: Charged Twice For My Plane Ticket – posted this over on Frommer's : After an airline is unable to retrieve a traveler's flight info, the traveler buys a new ticket on the spot so he can continue his journey. What went wrong, and why did it take the airline more than year to refund the money?
- Do you Book Last-Minute Travel? – Danielle Contray recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
- History of the US Passport; Americans Living in Europe – This week on the Travel with Rick Steves Podcast:
If you dread the mug shot that passes as your passport photo, you're not alone. We examine how the passport became the required document for international travel to and from the U.S. Also, three American tour guides offer tips for Americans who are thinking about moving to Europe, and tell us how they fit into living in France, Spain, Germany and Italy.
- That’s Ridiculous! What You See Isn’t Always What You Get – posted this over on Frommer's : Hidden hotel booking fees and codeshare flights have at least one thing in common: unhappy customers.