Travel news – August 1st 2012 to August 3rd 2012:
- Travel Discounts For Heroes and Teachers – Kaeli Conforti recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
- Apple Drops Google Maps: Will You Miss It? – Nicholas DeRenzo recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
Back in June, Apple made an announcement that sent shock waves through the techie world and shivers down travelers' spines: When they launch their new iOS6 operating system, they'll officially dump Google Maps and replace it with their own mapping app. It's safe to say that a vast majority of travelers have become completely reliant on Google Maps, for everything from driving directions to public transportation to scoping out new neighborhoods with Street View. So what can you expect from the Apple replacement?
- A Vacation Rental Too Good to Be True? – posted this over on Frommer's : Even savvy travelers can learn a thing or two from this negative experience with a vacation rental. If the price, description, and user-generated reviews sound too good to be true, book with caution.
- Greener Skies Over Seattle Thanks to NextGen – >> The Cranky Flier –
It's time for another post in my series talking about the benefits of NextGen air traffic control. Last time, we were in New York, but this time we're heading
- PHOTOS: The Wonderful Liveries of the Boeing 787 Dreamliner | Airline Reporter | Blogging on the airline business –
– David Parker BrownIt has been a long while since I have made a new post highlighting the many airline liveries we have now seen on the Boeing 787 Dreamliner. These are all the liveries we have physically seen on the Dreamliner, so no computer composite images here:
We got to see United’s livery on the 787 for the first time yesterday. Image from United’s livestream.
Ethiopian Boeing 787 Dreamliner (ET-AOQ) taken in July 2012 by Tony Rodgers (aka Moonm) at Paine Field.
A big thanks to Tony Rodgers (moonm) for… show all text
- Name that airport … (Moline/Quad City) – USATODAY.com –
- Study Determines World’s Safest Airlines – Kaeli Conforti recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog: