Travel news – August 13th 2012 to August 16th 2012:
- The Next Wave In Cruise Ships – Sean O'Neill recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
- Best Tips for Saving Money on Gas – Danielle Contray recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
- IKEA Will Build 100 Budget Hotels in Europe – Sean O'Neill recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
- Chile’s LATAM Airlines to spend $7.87 bln on fleet through 2014| Reuters –
Aug 13 (Reuters) – Chile's newly merged regional carrierLATAM Airlines said on Monday it would spend$7.87 billion on its fleet through 2014.LAN Airlines completed a takeover of Brazilian rival TAM
- Travel Troubleshooter: A Southwest Deal Goes Awry – posted this over on Frommer's : A glitch in Southwest's reservation system results in multiple bookings for stunned passengers. Did Southwest do enough to make up for the inconvenience, and can passengers trust that the duplicate billings won't happen again?
- Italy’s Cinque Terre Bounces Back Almost One Year After Floods – Kaeli Conforti recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
- Google buys Frommers, destination content in search just got a little bit more interesting | Tnooz –
– Kevin MayGoogle has made another strategic acquisition in the travel space, snapping up guidebook and online destination content publisher Frommer’s for an undisclosed fee.
Sources within Frommer’s confirmed the deal after the Wall Street Journal got whiff of the acquisition earlier today.
Terms have not been disclosed, but the purchase ends a six-month search for a buyer for the company after its owner, Wiley, put the company up for sale.
Frommer’s currently has around 70 employees around the world, … show all text