Travel news – April 7th 2012 to April 9th 2012:
- Why I Put Very Little Stock in the Airline Quality Rating – >> The Cranky Flier –
There's been a lot of talk about the Airline Quality Rating (AQR) lately since the 2012 rankings just came out. I've generally avoided talking about this and e
- READERS’ CHOICE: What Is The Best Hotel Chain For Families? – Budget Travel recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
We get to share our travel picks with you all year long. Now it’s your turn.
- INFOGRAPHIC: 1000th Boeing 777 Emirates A6-EGO routes till date – Bangalore Aviation –
– Devesh AgarwalLast month Dubai based Emirates airline received the 1000th Boeing 777 to be built. The aircraft is registered A6-EGO and performed its delivery flight, from Everett to Dubai, on March 21, 2012.
Since then the airline has sent this aircraft to many cities across the world, including the capital of India's neighbour Bangladesh, Dhaka.
Image generated courtesy GCMAP.
The most popular destinations for this aircraft appear to be Singapore and Hamburg each with six landings. (See photo of A… show all text
- http://www.novacationrequired.com/2012/04/the-best-washington-dc… –
– NVR GuysThe Franklin Delano Roosevelt (FDR) Memorial, located on the southwest shore of the Tidal Basin, is everything. Expansive, Beautiful and Moving. Set across almost eight acres, the memorial uses a series of outdoor "rooms" to reflect the 12 years of FDR's presidency. The memorial, comprised largely of stone, sculpture and water, urges visitors to reflect on one of the most difficult periods in American history.
- Mexico – A Merida State of Mind | Video | Traveldudes.org –
Sonia Gil walks, pokes, and jumps around Merida, Mexico, to find the city's astonishing array of color, and the best backdrop for a Facebook pic.
- My Five Favorite WOW Travel Moments | LandLopers –
- The Mystery of the Flying Laptop – NYTimes.com –
In airports, laptop computers get special attention from T.S.A. Similar devices don’t. The reasons are a mystery.