Travel news – April 2nd 2012 to April 5th 2012:
- Travel Troubleshooter: A One-Night Penalty that Sticks | Frommers.com –
– <a href="http://www.frommers.com/community/persona.html?UID=826400">Christopher Elliott</a><br>Tribune Media ServicesOur reader cancels his hotel more than a day before he checks in, but the property charges a one-night penalty, anyway. Can't Hotels.com help him get a refund?
- READERS’ CHOICE: What Wildlife Experience Is Most Worth Traveling For? – Budget Travel recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
We get to share our travel picks with you all year long. Now it’s your turn.
- Forget Basketball—Who Won the Battle of the Breakfasts? – Budget Travel recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
- Cruise Ship Disasters – Bing Travel recently posted this over on the Bing Travel Blog:
The Titanic — which set sail on April 10, 1912 from Southampton, England, en route to New York – collided with an iceberg on April 14 and sank to the bottom of a dark Atlantic Ocean early the next morning. More than 1,500 people died in the icy waters or went down with the ship.
- A Closer Look: Inside Japan Airlines’ first 787 – FlightBlogger – Aviation News, Commentary and Analysis –
Japan Airlines has been in possession of its first two 787s since last Sunday when it took delivery of Airplanes 23 and 33. Both departed Everett the following day for Tokyo – Haneda and Narita Airports, respectively – and will begin…
- BREAKING: Allegiant to Start Charging for Carry-Ons Wednesday | Airline Reporter | Blogging on the airline business –
– David Parker BrownIt will cost you more to bring your carry-ons on your next Allegiant flight. Photo by Jeremy Dwyer-Lindgren.
Allegiant Air has stated that they will start charging for carry-on bags starting Wednesday, April 4th — and no, this is not an April Fools’ joke.
“Allegiant will begin charging for carry-ons for travelers booking new reservations beginning Wednesday (it will go live on our website late Tuesday night PDT),” Jessica Wheeler, Public Relations Manager for Allegiant confirmed to AirlineRepor… show all text
- Report: Allegiant to be 2nd U.S. airline to charge for carry-ons – USATODAY.com –
Allegiant Air will begin charging passengers for carry-on bags, according to AirlineReporter.com.