Travel news – April 24th 2012 to April 26th 2012:
- Airfare Deals: Alaska Airlines, American, China Eastern – posted this over on Frommer's : Flights to Europe are expensive this year, so you'll want to take advantage of this summer sale to Spain from American Airlines. You can also save on flights to China this fall by booking now on China Eastern.
- Last-Minute Tips for Traveling to London for the Olympics – NYTimes.com –
- How to Swap Miles Between Southwest and AirTran Reward Programs – Sean O'Neill recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
Big news this week for Southwest and AirTran mileage programs: Now members may convert points earned in one program for use in the other, and vice versa (with one exception).
- World News: Search for Amelia Earhart goes high-tech – thestar.com –
A non-profit this summer will launch a $2 million, month-long search for the wreckage of Earhart’s plane off a tiny Pacific atoll.
- Why Hotels Use (or Don’t Use) Daily Deal Sites – Brad Tuttle recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
When hotels use daily deal sites like Groupon, they're not necessarily trying to make profits.
- Airlines Suspected of Fibbing About Seat Availability for Families – Sean O'Neill recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
The airlines' latest now-you-see-it-now-you-don't sleight of hand—the Seat Assignment Shell Game—has prompted dozens of passengers to cry foul in online consumer forums.
- Airbus and Qantas overcame technical and logistical challenges in A380 repairs –
Qantas Airways and Airbus engineers faced both technical and logistical challenges in restoring its first A380 back to virtually brand-new condition after…