Travel news – April 19th 2012 to April 20th 2012:
- That’s Ridiculous! A $6,995 Club Membership for Travel Discounts – posted this over on Frommer's : Are travel club memberships too good to be true? This traveler took the bait before experiencing buyer's remorse.
- Two airlines sign on for Mezzo’s repurposed Samsung Galaxy tabs with new “Corlan” cases | APEX Editor’s Blog –
– Mary KirbyWireless IFE might be the topic du jour in the world of inflight entertainment right now, but Mezzo has recently seen at least three airlines with requests for proposals for wireless reverse course and say “tablets are fine on their own”, CEO Dave Sampson tells the APEX editor’s blog.
Mezzo specialises in repurposing tablets for airlines. Its customers include UK budget carrier easyJet, which has been renting Mezzo tablets on select flights, and recently began distributing units based on Samsun… show all text
- More Smartphone Owners Using Their Devices For Travel – Michelle Baran recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
It might not come as a surprise that smartphones are increasingly becoming essential travel tools. A recent survey has confirmed that, in fact, 51 percent of smartphone owners are using their devices to access travel content, and nearly one in five use their devices to actually book travel.
- Why inflight Wi-Fi price hikes by Gogo are a good thing | APEX Editor’s Blog –
– Mary KirbyWhen I was a teenager my Irish mother used to tell me to “be sure and put a price on your head”. No, my mom was not a gangster; this was her way of saying that young ladies should value themselves when dealing with the opposite sex.
I was reminded of her gentle warning in a roundabout way yesterday when I saw people feverishly tweeting complaints about the fact that Gogo has raised its prices.
Here’s a tweet from @MikeDelPonte from 22 hours ago:
“Dear @gogo, if you’re going to charge $18 for in… show all text
- Airfare Deals:
KLM, Air Pacific, American & Lufthansa – posted this over on Frommer's : Bummed out by high airline prices? You can still score airfare deals this spring if you pay attention to travel dates and other ticket restrictions from airlines like KLM, Air Pacific, American, and Lufthansa.
- Top 10 TSA Checkpoint Freakouts, Humiliations, and Confrontations – Brad Tuttle recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
- Cool canyons, gorgeous gorges – Bing Travel recently posted this over on the Bing Travel Blog:
A couple of years ago, I joined a private raft trip down the Grand Canyon’s Colorado River. Four of us flew into Phoenix, drove to Flagstaff and then to the South Rim, and hiked down to Phantom Ranch, where we met up with the rafts at Cremation Beach.