Bringing you what’s new in travel for February 18th 2012 through February 21st 2012:
- How Do You Avoid Stomach Upset on the Road? – Fran Golden recently posted this on This Just In…Newsweek’s Travel Blog:
Street food (Fran Golden photo)
- Travel Writers Meet Up–
- Avoid Being Pickpocketed with These Tips – Sean O’Neill recently posted this on This Just In…Newsweek’s Travel Blog:Lately, pickpocketing has been a hot topic. In a recent National Geographic TV special “Pickpocket King,” expert Bob Arno slipped into a criminal ring in Naples, Italy. To earn respect, he stole a watch off of one pickpocket. Once respected, Arno learnt the latest techniques of modern-day Artful Dodgers. (See the video, below).
- Ethiopian Airlines to Start Boeing 787 Service from June 2012: Routes as of 19FEB12 | Airline Route–
– JLUpdate at 0845GMT 19FEB12
As per 19FEB12 GDS timetable and inventory display, Ethiopian Airlines is set to introduce Boeing 787 aircraft starting mid-June 2012. ET’s Boeing 787 seats 270, including 24 Cloud 9 Business Class and 246 Economy Class.
Planned Boeing 787 operation as follows. Although routes mentioned below are now opened for reservation, there is a chance for 787 inaugural date to be altered pending on delivery time frame.Addis Ababa – Dubai eff 15JUN12 ET600/601 operates with 787, show all text
- Kingfisher passengers continue to suffer; 16 flights cancelled from Mumbai–
Passengers booked on Kingfisher Airlines are in for some trouble as the country’s third largest airline has announced that its operations will be curtailed over the next four days. On Sunday, Kingfish…
Mamata absent at Chidambaram’s function: Second snub to UPA in two days?
Amar Singh slips while deboarding his chopper
Indian fishermen killings: Loss of lives could have been avoided, Krishna tells Italian counterpart
Indian fishermen shot dead: ‘Killer’ guards to surrender, s… show all text
- 10 of the world’s unsung places – travel tips and articles – Lonely Planet–
Read 10 of the world’s unsung places for travel tips, advice, news and articles from all around the world by Lonely Planet