Bringing you what’s new in travel for February 10th 2012 through February 11th 2012:
- At a Specialty Airline, the Humans Are Howling –
– By SUSANNE CRAIGPet Airways, once the great transportation hope for animal owners, is low on cash and has been canceling flights.
- That’s Ridiculous! Why Don’t Hotels Advertise "All-In" Prices? – posted this over on Frommer's : Given the uproar over airfare pricing, should hotels still be allowed to hide taxes, mandatory resort fees, and other charges that inflate your total room rate?
- Travel Kit – Reconnect online with that cute seatmate –
While websites such as Flights from Hell are filled with stories of devilish and disgusting seatmates, there are plenty of people who have dated and gone on to marry someone they met on a plane.
- A Winter Day at the London Eye – In the Sky and Above the Clouds of London | VisitBritain Super Blog –
– Melvin BoecherIt’s cold… It’s windy… It’s winter and you find yourself in London!
Nice one… Have fun!
That’s the situation I found myself in.
Luckily I’ve talked to my friend Laura who recommended me to visit the London Eye. Usually I wouldn’t pay for a 30 minute ride on a big wheel around € 30,-. If you ask me, that price is ridiculous… Still, people do it and not just a few. So I thought I should give it a try as well and see if it’s worth it.
It was stormy and getting dark and I think the conditions were show all text
- Coming Soon To an Airport Near You: Skipping the Passport Line – Michelle Baran recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
- Type This Into Google for a Valentine’s Day Surprise –
– Samantha MurphyRomantic math geeks, your moment has arrived. In the spirit of Valentine’s Day, go ahead and type (or paste) this into Google search:
sqrt(cos(x))*cos(300x)+sqrt(abs(x))-0.7)*(4-x*x)^0.01, sqrt(6-x^2), -sqrt(6-x^2) from -4.5 to 4.5
Twitter user @Huckberry tipped us off to the fact that typing in the algebraic equation plots several different functions on a graph that forms the shape of a heart.
The series includes various square roots, absolute values and cosine functions — mathematical functio… show all text
- The Traveldudes Bangkok Guidebook | Traveldudes.org –