Bringing you what’s new in travel for September 20th 2010
- Boeing Feature Story: Delivering 737’s on demand –
- Video: How to maximize Expedia – Budget Travel recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
In our 2010 Readers' Choice Awards, you voted Expedia as your favorite booking website—and for good reason. Expedia is the oldest and largest online travel agency. It offers easy, one-stop shopping for hotels, flights, cruises, and vacation packages. To make the most of the site, try using these four neat features.
- Buy Your Holiday Travel Tickets Now for Decreased Stress This Year [Air Travel Tip] – Lifehacker's Whitson Gordon just posted this article:
According to CNN's Travel Companion, it's a tough year for holiday travel. Airlines have cut capacity by up to 15 percent in the past two years, making it harder to find open seats on flights. Furthermore, with Christmas and New Year's both falling on Saturdays, the peak travel time for most folks is a good 14 days shorter than usual—meaning those plane's will be more crowded than ever. If you want to make sure you get a flight (and even save a little money by having your choice of flight), start booking now—you'll thank yourself by the time December rolls around. Photo by Marina Avila. [CNN.com via Consumerist] More »
Read the rest at Lifehacker
- San Francisco: A weekend of dragon-boat racing – Justine Sharrock recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
- Which Hawaiian island is right for you? – AmyS_travel recently posted this over on the Bing Travel Blog:
When I was growing up, I was lucky enough to have relatives living in Hawaii who welcomed visitors. I got to know the fun and excitement of Oahu and the natural wonders of quieter Kauai, and learned enough about the other islands to put them at the top of my travel wish list.